The top five regrets a majority of people express as they approach the final stages of life are:
- I wish I had been more loving to / spent more time with the people who matter the most.
- I wish I had been a better spouse, parent, or child.
- I wish I had spent less time working.
- I wish I had invested more time in the things that make me happy and enjoyed life more.
- I wish I had taken more risks.
Regrets are a normal part of life for most people. But they don’t have to be. If you can grasp and apply these five simple principles, you can greatly reduce the time wasted being regretful over things that cannot be changed. Read more.